Engineering Team Leader - Bids, Scheduling and Resource Management, IT, Communications
3 x Engineering Team Leader with Bids, Scheduling and Resource Management experience is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Dorset.
This is a contract role within the Defence Industry
DI Engineering Team Leaders - Christchurch
We are looking for talented engineers with a proven track record delivering complex and challenging projects using the latest technologies to take on an Engineering Team Leader roles within an exciting market leading IT domain. This role will help lead a large and diverse engineering team to not only sustain an existing portfolio of products, systems and services but to support development and innovation of future products.
As an Engineering Team Leader you will work closely with Project Managers and Technical Managers to both submit compelling bids for work, as well the delivery of customer commitments on time and on budget. You must have the ability, aptitude and confidence to take ownership of engineering plans, processes, budgets and milestones as well as the softer challenging aspects of overseeing a large engineering team.
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Team Leader may involve some of:
- Providing oversight to engineering teams
- Adherence to business processes and governance
- Supporting the production of compelling bid submissions
- Scheduling and resource management of all major aspects of the programme
- Facilitate the evolution of innovation ideas, prototyping, development, productionising, delivery, support and decommissioning
- Building and performance manage effective teams that embrace change and seek continual improvement
Your skills and qualifications as an Engineering Team Leader:
- Knowledge and understanding of IT and how it can address customer requirements
- Responsible management and leadership
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Professionalism, commitment and continual learning
Understanding of any of,
- MoD contracts and bids
- Military IT, communications , platforms, gateways, networking systems
- Security architectures, system integration, virtualisation, cloud, accreditation
- Integration of systems into military vehicles
- Acceptance, trials, demonstrations and delivery processes
What we're looking for in you:
- Ability to demonstrate leadership behaviours
- Recent experience of delivering complex systems and services
- Team management and leadership
- Flexibility to travel within UK
Ideally you will have a strong engineering background in the Defence industry.
The role is based in Christchurch, Dorset - commutable from Salisbury, Fordingbridge, Ringwood, Lymington, Ferndown, Bournemouth and Poole with excellent access from Southampton, Eastleigh and Winchester
If you are a Engineering Team Leader looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything