Enterprise IT Architect -Inside IR35
Based in Exeter (working from home until further notice) an Enterprise IT Architect is required on a contract basis to work on a Programme where you will be defining and supporting the definition and delivery of the IT direction.
Responsibilities of this role:
- As part of the enterprise IT architecture team provide architectural leadership and direction in line with corporate strategy. Identify technology blueprint requirements for the evolution of our technology and influence planned programmes of change to facilitate the delivery of the change.
- Support the delivery of architectural assurance and governance to technology change activity in accordance with an agreed engagement model. Activities may include: acting as design authority for the delivery; production of high level architecture artefacts; regular engagement with the solutions architect for the delivery supporting architectural decision making and peer review; attendance at delivery team meetings e.g. sprint demos, sprint planning etc; assessment and documentation of technical debt associated with the delivery; review of technical delivery to ensure best practice is being applied; ad-hoc architectural support
- Participate in Enterprise IT Architecture team activity including team meetings, team communications and supporting fellow team members as required to ensure the smooth running and continuous improvement of our services undefined.
Skills and experience required:
- Domain expertise in one of the following: application development, technology infrastructure; weather or climate science; IT security.
- Ability to create architecture, and change roadmaps and govern designs against them
- Ability to communicate architectural descriptions to diverse audiences (developers, business colleagues, senior management) through different forms (written, diagrammatic, verbal)
- Knowledge of current and legacy enterprise architectural approaches and the influence of technology disruption
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders to deliver architectural or technological change
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle, service management lifecycle and process maturity models
- Knowledge of the role of public cloud services and the implementation of such services in the transformation of business value delivery
- Knowledge of Wardley Mapping
- Knowledge of Cynefin
Please note this role is inside IR35 and candidates will not be able to work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply ASAP.