Role: Facilities Engineer
Rate: £33 p/h
Duration: 12 months
Location: Preston (working from home during Covid / site restrictions)
A Facilities / Project Engineer is required to work on a 12 month contract, with the possibility of extension, for our defence client in Preston.
An opportunity has arisen within the Air Sector Business for a Plant & Equipment Project Engineer (Facilities Engineer).
Role requires an experienced Project Engineer, Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical biased, with knowledge of leading projects delivering major equipment installations or refurbishment through to provision of auxiliary production support equipment, from concept to completion within challenging timescales across the Air Sector, but with potential to support other UK or global sites.
- As a Facilities Engineer (Plant and Equipment Project Engineer) your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsibility for the overall management of projects from concept to completion within specific timescales and budgets, working in conjunction with internal stakeholders from areas such as Production, Engineering, Quality, Facilities Management (Infrastructure), Safety, Procurement; and external Suppliers, sub-contractors and other governance bodies.
- Role will require leading a multi-disciplined project team through a structured, integrated and safety focused investment lifecycle, facilitating regular project reviews as part of a robust stakeholder management approach.
- Ideal candidates will have experience working in a discipline related to mechanical or electrical engineering and have experience in delivery of projects linked to Production related equipment in such areas Machining, Fabrications, Non-Destructive testing, Additive Layer Manufacturing, component treatment and finishing (ie Chemical processing, spraying)
- Validating business needs and determining effective and efficient investment proposals, and managing associated project cost control
- Compile detailed facility specifications, engage the external market place and lead supplier selection activities.
- Install, lead acceptance / commissioning activities and manage production handover of new and refurbished facilities on behalf of the operational customer.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything