ROLE BASED IN GLASCOED, WALES
As a finance assistant you will report to the team Supervisor and are responsible for the delivery of service activities on behalf of our customers. You will be responsible for effective execution of the financial processes and ensuring these are accurately documented.
Whilst the role is focussed specifically on service activities carried out in Glascoed, you may be required to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager with various other projects that may involve short stints of travel.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Sales order input, review, amendment and reconciliation.
- Raising/Reviewing & Distributing Sales Invoices
- Milestone, Deliverable, WIP, T&M & Service Invoicing in multiple currencies
- Compliance with UK VAT rules and other Global Sales Taxes
- Raising Advance Claims and Trading Sales
- Raising of Credit notes in line with Finance Policies and DOA
- Management of team shared mailboxes and relevant housekeeping to ensure all emails are responded to in a timely manner.
- Cash Forecasting
- Portal reconciliation
- Liaise with customers (internal & external) taking personal responsibility for the correction, resolution and close-down of issues.
- Actively supporting joint goals reviews, ideas generation and driving these to completion, including demonstrating the benefits attained.
- Assisting the other Accounts Receivable teams as required
- Provision of services within the defined Service Level Agreement. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the Supervisor.
- Active ideas generation for improvements and participation in joint goal workshops
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring you are known as a key point of contact for your service area.
- Taking an active role in daily stand-ups and monthly team meetings.
- Compliance with Financial Controls. Escalation of any non-compliances or risks to the
- Participation in the AR monthly Self-Testing activities.
- Provision of support & evidence, as required, for internal & external audits.
- Production of process documentation and understanding the importance of evidencing the control processes governing these.
- Compliance with the Document Creation, Retention & Destruction Policy.
- Compilation of work instructions.
Projects & Business Change:
- Identify improvement opportunities in our processes and implement these where appropriate.
- Taking direction from the initiative lead, fulfil the duties of a project team member when assigned to change initiatives. These may range from small improvement projects to service transitions.
The role holder will:
- Will have a degree or professional qualification (AAT/CAT or part qualified ACCA/CIMA/CICM) or have experience of working in a finance environment in a number of roles, specifically Accounts Receivable.
- Ideally have experience of ERP systems within a finance environment. Experience of
- SAP or Oracle would be highly advantageous.
- Undertake tasks that are of an administrative nature on a routine basis.
- Operate within clearly defined procedures and tasks with supervision.
- Have good knowledge of Microsoft excel including how to complete basic formulas such as sums, ifs, vlookups etc.
- Have the ability to present large data sets to others in a concise, easy to understand format.
- Understand Output VAT and other Sales taxes and when these should/shouldn't be
- Understand sales trading, IFRS15, revenue recognition and how this impacts the sales ledger.
- Understand what documentation is required to process different types of sales e.g
- Goods despatch notes, export paperwork etc.
The role holder will require:
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills