ROLE BASED IN GLASCOED (NP15)
The role primarily covers delivering excellent service outcomes for Finance Services BAE finance contacts who operate over multiple ERP systems. You will be responsible for the reporting of key financial information for a variety of business units within BAE Systems working closely with the Group Reporting team.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to be mentored in your development into a future Senior Financial Accountant and will be given the opportunity to actively deputise for the role as required. Finance Services provides and offers plenty of opportunities to develop your skills in a finance environment.
Your main responsibilities as a Financial Accountant will involve:
- Monthly reporting and consolidation of multiple BAE Systems entities in line with agreed monthly requirements.
- Managing the period end timetables to deliver the Monthly Reporting requirements, ensuring it is completed accurately and on time through the various review stages.
- Reviewing journals and balance sheet reconciliations for accuracy & ensuring the integrity of the Nominal Ledger with all accounts reconciled and approved monthly. This will include the requirement to conduct monthly Balance Sheet reviews / aged reconciling item reviews with the finance contacts and/or FC/FD.
- Developing good understanding of the various business units including Timetable, Chart of
Accounts, Service Level Agreements, ERP Systems, processes, systems and business.
- Developing strong relationships with your finance contacts, including monthly calls and visits.
- Supporting various compliance and continuous improvement activities.
- Supporting internal and external audit requests and various other compliance activities.
Your skills and qualifications
- Part/Newly Qualified Accountant, ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in a Finance team including Financial Accounting & Reporting activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating excellent customer service
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of Excel
- An understanding of Financial Controls and Data Protection regulations
- Good working knowledge of SAP and Hyperion would be desirable
What we're looking for in you:
You will have good decision making and influencing skills with a flexibility with an appetite for change. You should have strong analytical skills being logical and meticulous with attention to detail. You should be comfortable in a customer excellence environment.