A Hardware Engineer experience is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Yeovil.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of Hardware Engineer contract role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development and implementation of technical solutions that meet the customer requirements
- Provision of realistic estimates for specified activities to the development lead
- Accurately report on progress
- Complete work to a high standard and to scope, quality and budget
- Support System Integration activities
- The safe design of the system prior to delivery and for the preparation of information required by the Design Authority to support the Design Certification and Certificate of Design activities
Key skills required for the Hardware Engineer
- A strong Systems Engineering, hardware background, preferably with a degree in a related discipline.
- A good understanding of the complete engineering lifecycle
- A good working knowledge of the development processes (e.g. requirements, design, specification, implementation, integration and testing, acceptance), and development tools (e.g. Requirements Management, Modelling and defect reporting systems).
- A strong working knowledge of electrical safety and safe system design.
- Experience in using and installing operating systems and application software.
- Demonstrable knowledge or experience in some or all of the following would be especially desirable, in particular their applications in a military context:
- Electrical engineering disciplines e.g. BS7671 qualified would be desirable
- A good understanding of designing equipment to meet stringent environmental requirements such as EMC and CE marking, Environmental etc
- Communications technologies: IP networking (including network design), VOIP, network security, network management.
If you are a Hardware Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.