Outsource UK are currently working with a leading Defence Company who are seeking a Hardware Engineer for a 9 month contract based in Warton - Candidates will be required to work through PAYE.
This role be will be based remotely with flexibility to work onsite once restrictions are lifted
- A vacancy for a Hardware Engineer exists in the Air Service - Test Solutions (TS) team.
- Test Solutions are a computing systems organisation whose primary function is the provision and support of data acquisition / simulation / server-based systems.
- The role will focus primarily on the development of a number of server facilities and associated client and networked storage facilities for a new Mission Planning System being delivered to the RAF over the next 18 months.
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
To deliver hardware to the customer's programme, within allocated budgets, according to the standards in the TS Quality Management System, including the following:
- Hardware Design, both mechanical and electrical
- Computer Aided Design - using Microsoft Visio software to design modular computing server cabinets
- Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.)
- Configuration activities
- Documentation and release of built products
- Work with other engineers at a range of levels including both the MoD and RAF customer.
- The candidate will be required to design, document, assemble, install and release a number of server-centred multi-client systems and assist the team through product development in tight delivery timescales.
- Qualified to HNC level or higher in a Engineering related subject,
- Minimum of 5+ years hardware experience, have experience of the full hardware lifecycle.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional.
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites in the UK, using road and / or air transport, spending periods of up to 2 weeks away.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you would like to be considered please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.