Role: Head of Compliance
Type: Permanent staff
Excellent salary & benefits package to work for a world leader in their field!
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their Imports & Export controls division. They specialise in the development and manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector. They also operate in the commercial sector, including airports within security systems.
The post holder will act as the practical lead with respect to the implementation of, and compliance with relevant company group policies, in particular those relating to Competition Law, Anti-Bribery, Export Controls, Embargoes and Denied Parties, Corporate Tax Avoidance and the related underlying legislation.
The post holder will have in-depth knowledge of, and practical experience in, the administration and application of international and national trade controls, including UK/EU and US control regimes.
The post holder will, as directed by the Director of Commercial Affairs and, in conjunction with Head of Commercial, assist in the provision of guidance, assistance, technical (contractual & regulatory) support to UK Security and Surveillance, and UK Bid Teams and to all operations of the group and across all locations.
The post holder will be the "go to" person for any employee with any compliance issues or concerns, who will proactively arrange and deliver appropriate staff training and refresher awareness programmes, undertaking periodic and "ad hoc" auditing and review to monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. In the event of issues being identified, the post holder will recommend appropriate measures to address required remediation and actions required to prevent re-occurrence and to work with the operational management to ensure effective implementation.
- Significant demonstrable experience in the majority of the key areas
- Good communicator - able to assess and adjust presentation and content to target audience
- Independent-minded - whilst effectively contributing to a team, willing and able to draw attention to unaddressed or unresolved issues and significant residual risks
- Pragmatic and commercially alert - effective at identifying and assessing risk, mitigations and risk management
- Experienced in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, plus Microsoft Project (or similar)
- Degree Level or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in managing aspects of compliance
- Formal legal training would be an advantage
For full details please contact Paul Ellis on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com