Outsource UK are currently working with a leading Health Department based in Peterlee who are seeking a Health Care Assistant for a 12 month contract.
Job Summary: The post holder will work as part of the team at Occupational Health under the supervision of the Occupational Health Advisor. The post holder will be responsible for health surveillance clinics including testing spirometry, audiometry and vision. The role may expand to involve blood pressure monitoring, and urine testing. This role will involve working on your own initiative and may include site visits.
- Provision of health screening and health surveillance program. Including maintenance of equipment and calibration.
- Recording and maintaining clear, concise medical records, ensuring their safe storage and confidentiality. Working within strict protocols and procedures and in line with GDPR 2018.
- Input, store and provide data and information
- Must adhere to Health, Safety, Environment , IT and Quality responsibilities in line with the Companies ISO obligations.
- Maintain high professional standards at all times.
- Communicate with a range of people on a range of matters.
- Contribute to own personal development and offer suggestions for improving services.
- Act in ways that support equality and value diversity
- Contribute to promoting health and wellbeing.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the needs of the client and the role of the OHT
- Previous HCA experience or similar experience of client/patient contact.
- Demonstrates reliability, punctuality, motivation and commitment to team working
- Flexibility and responsive to change
- Ability to employ simple medical equipment e.g. spirometer
- Concentration on a daily basis to accurately perform tests and collate results
- Must be able to perform site visits when required
- Participate in the care, cleaning and calibration of equipment
If you would like to be considered please click 'Apply' or send your updated CV to Tewsdae Phillips - email@example.com