The NS Case Coaching Team provides coaching, advice & support to Line Managers, Employees and their representatives across a wide range of ER matters.
This is a specialist role providing advice, guidance and support to Line Managers and other stakeholders engaged in managing a wide range ER case work such as absence, disciplinary, grievance, capability and performance, typically more complex and sensitive ER cases with high risk to the business associated.
The role holder will promote a positive ER culture within the business, meeting business requirements through managing and prioritising a high-volume case load.
The role holder will build and maintain effective relationships and will work collaboratively with stakeholders both within and outside of the Case Coaching Team in line with Case Coaching initiatives.
There may be a requirement to travel other locations to support case meetings.
- Provides coaching, advice and support to Line Managers on more complex and sensitive
- ER cases with high risk to the business associated all in scope UK businesses.
- Establishes effective working relationships to ensure that relevant stakeholders are engaged and informed at the appropriate stages in each case.
- Works in partnership with other members of the UK Case Coaching Team and others to deliver a timely, accurate and effective case work.
- Through coaching and support assists line managers, Employees and representatives in a proactive manner to resolve cases effectively, and to attain consistency and compliance across the business.
- Provides balanced advice that is legally compliant & in line with company policy to managers, and employees in order to manage risk.
- Supports and manages cases in an accurate, timely fashion ensuring all cases are updated regularly and records maintained appropriately (using the appropriate technology solution)
- Ensures effective working relationships are created and maintained including Business HR
- and Trade Union / Employee representatives, Occupational Health etc. who interface with the Case Coaching Team
- Works with key stakeholder groups to continuously improve line leader capability by challenging, influencing and supporting managers in a way that increases their knowledge, understanding and ability to manage ER cases effectively
- Provides challenge, support & contributes to changes and developments in technology solutions, policy & process to ensure the continuous improvement of the efficiency of the service.
- Contributes to identify and implement continuous improvement activity.
- Is an advocate of the UK Case Coaching model; champion the desired change in agreed business areas and influence others to bring people along the change journey.
Functional Knowledge (Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities)
- Knowledge of UK and businesses' policy & processes.
- ER discipline expertise including sound understanding on UK employment law
CONTRACT INSIDE IR35