An HR Advisor is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the HR contract role
The HR Advisor will provide coaching, advice and support to Line Managers on lower complexity ER cases across all in scope UK businesses.
- Works in partnership with other members of the UK Case Coaching Team and others to deliver a timely, accurate and effective casework.
- Provides balanced advice that is legally compliant & in line with company policy to managers, and employees in order to manage risk.
- Supports and manages cases in an accurate, timely fashion ensuring all cases are updated regularly and records maintained appropriately (using the appropriate technology solution)
- Ensures effective working relationships are created and maintained including Business HR and Trade Union / Employee representatives, Occupational Health etc. who interface with the Case Coaching Team
- Works with key stakeholder groups to continuously improve line leader capability by challenging, influencing and supporting managers in a way that increases their knowledge, understanding and ability to manage ER cases effectively
- Identify, support & contribute to changes and developments in technology solutions, policy & process to ensure the continuous improvement of the efficiency of the service.
- Contributes to identify and implement continuous improvement activity.
- Knowledge of UK and businesses' policy & processes.
- ER discipline expertise including basic understanding on UK employment law
- Sufficient on the job experience and/ or working towards CIPD qualification
- Exercises judgment to advise on a variety of employee relations matters.
- Contributes to defining standards and specifications around which the team operates in the ER discipline.
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a HR Advisor looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything