HR Manager - Defence
A HR Manager is required to work on a nine month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth.
Overview of the HR Manager Contract role
This role relates to either an HR Manager residing in a key/complex area of the business providing generalist support and specialist TUPE support in the delivery of HR strategy and people plans or an HR Manager responsible for a significant project, likely to impact companywide.
The HR Manager is a key member of the HR team. Developing effective business relationships with senior managers and key/senior stakeholders for their area(s) and shaping appropriate solutions which assist in achieving the overall business unit objectives.
At this level the role is directly accountable for scoping, developing and delivering companywide HR projects that will have a long term impact on the business and in some cases other UK businesses
Key skills required for the HR Manager
- TUPE experience essential.
- CIPD qualified
- HR Degree or equivalent comprehensive experience in an HR role
- Sound knowledge of HR processes, procedures and systems
- Comprehensive level of employee relations knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and LCM
- Works independently, top cover may be provided at meetings for which a Head of HR or HRBP is accountable
- Understands how HR activity integrates and influences the performance of other areas of the business. Has a comprehensive understanding of the external environment, including knowledge of leading edge thinking and how to apply this internally to differentiate the business from competitors
- Understands how HR subject area activity integrates and influences business and wider process performance
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a HR Manager looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.