Human Factors Engineer
A Human Factors is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Surrey.
This is a long term contract within the Naval Defence Industry
Overview of the Human Factors Engineer contract role
As a Principal Human Factors Engineer, you will be required to lead Human Factors Integration projects providing analysis and design of maritime related products across combat and platform level products, and work with the customer and end users to develop usable and safe design solutions.
Ability to manage human factors requirements for a range of projects including for complex research projects whilst balancing the needs and priorities across multiple stakeholders.
Provide human engineering expertise to complex command and control and integration projects based on contractural and tender documentation, the company's processes and procedures and relevant human factors process, standards and guidance.
Liaise with customer, partners, team members and end users in an agile environment.
- Make human engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Maintaining a level of SQEP for the role through personal and professional development
- Act as the point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on human engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Ability to manage issues for complex research projects balancing the needs and priorities across multiple stakeholders.
- Manage and produce customer deliverables such as reports, presentations and reporting metrics to quality, time and budget
- Ability to manage HF project budget & apply time management skill to own and sub team.
- Provide help and direction to support other team members to support their effective working.
- Provide delivery of human factors internal training courses to engineering community.
- Be able to communicate with other stakeholders in the business and customer community to raise awareness and best practice of HF
- A degree in Ergonomics, Applied Psychology, Human Factors or Occupational Psychology and/or other equivalent qualification.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership of suitable professional institute, e.g. Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF).
- You should be comfortable working with a broad range of technical specialists from other disciplines.
- A good understanding of implementing human factors theoretical principles to the design of maritime products and platforms within a Systems engineering context.
- Able to select Human Factors Engineering methodologies appropriate to project requirements (e.g. Physical Ergonomics, Anthropometrics, Task Analysis and Design, Environment and Workspace Design and Evaluation, Human Machine/Human Computer Interaction (HMI/HCI) Design and Evaluation).
- Understand the HCI/UX analysis and design techniques as applicable to the Systems engineering design life cycle.
- Appreciates the need for the evaluation of new and emergent technology and the potential insertion of such technology to keep the product portfolio competitive in the market place
- Demonstrable experience of applying Human Factors Integration process and procedures such as HFI Plan, and Early Human Factors Analysis (EHFA) within a systems engineering approach.
- Recognise wider external factors that affect the engineering and business environments, safety aspects, environmental impact, sustainability, social inclusion and advances in technology.
- Competence and capability with range of software tools relevant to Human factors analysis .e.g. HCI prototyping, task analysis, HRA and DOORS, etc.
- Minimum 3 years experience in human factors domain ideally in defence and maritime sector.
The role is based in Surrey - commutable from Aldershot, Farnborough, Wokingham, Bracknell, Chertsey, Weybridge, Woking, Guildford, Farnham, Winchester, Basingstoke and Reading with excellent access from Hampshire and Berkshire
If you are a Human Factors Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything