ILS (LSA) Engineers - Def Stan 00-60
Based in Filton multiple ILS Engineers are required on an initial 6 month contract (extension is highly likely) basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment with the potential of home working.
- Provision of specialist LSA/LSAR expertise and advice in support of the development and maintenance of the ILS dataset
- Provision of support to the COM Managers and Ship's Staff in resolving issues with equipment/systems data.
- To manage, control and complete own LSA tasks working within a team of LSA engineers, ensuring that defined objectives are professionally achieved.
Key Technical Skills
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of ILS principles and how the LSA and the Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) fits into the overall ILS process.
- Previous LSA/LSAR experience gained in Def Stan 00-60 Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) environment.
- Possesses a good knowledge of Initial Provisioning (IP), Maintenance Engineering (ME) and Technical Documentation (TD) disciplines.
- Understand the requirement to integrate the ILS dataset (IP, TD, ME & LSA).
- Relevant IT experience, to include LSAR software (EAGLE), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, MS Excel and the Unit Maintenance Management System (UMMS).
- Well-developed data-gathering skills utilising Technical Manuals Engineering Drawings and other associated data sources.
- Ability to evaluate technical options and make timely decisions.
- Professional knowledge of relevant engineering standards and codes of practice.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the use of Microsoft access. Detailed knowledge and understanding of Visual Basic (VB) language for development and creation of Access Databases.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of Standard Query Language (SQL) to utilize a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS).
- Oracle database administration.
- An in-depth understanding of the data constructs to enable data manipulation for making efficient bulk updates to the ILS dataset.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything