Role: Import & Export Controller
Type: Permanent staff
Excellent salary & benefits package to work for a world leader in their field!
A great opportunity for the right person to join a forward thinking, high-tech, and innovative defence company. With around 5000 staff worldwide, this role will be in their Imports & Export controls division. They specialise in the development and manufacture and supply of maritime navigation and surveillance radar systems, including their own radar sensor technology, widely used in the maritime defence sector. They also operate in the commercial sector, including airports within security systems.
Responsible for arranging the imports to, and exports of goods globally while ensuring compliance with Export Controls and Customs regimes for efficient on-time deliveries and re-importations where required. To ensure all relevant documentation is generated and completed in accordance with company, customer and legislative requirements and all imported goods are classified accurately utilising the appropriate Customs Regimes such as IPR, OPR, PCC etc. in the most tax efficient manner while monitoring and reporting the use of Export Licences and preparing appropriate returns.
- To work well within a team and have the ability to work autonomously
- Use of ERP systems
- Use of Import/Export software or Customs Reporting systems
- Must be conversant with the use of a personal computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be prepared to work out of hours if required
- Previous shipping and/or freight forwarding experience to enable the identification of suitable routings for goods
- Working knowledge of the documentation requirements associated with the shipping of goods including Export controls (Incoterms, ITAR and EAR)
- Working knowledge of the documentation requirements associated with the compliance to letters of credit
- Working knowledge of import management and associated duty regimes
- Knowledge of packing standards relevant to goods to be dispatched and method of transport and INCOTERMS
- Knowledge of Packing, Handling and Despatch of Dangerous Goods
- Knowledge of Aviation Security Awareness
For full details please contact Paul Ellis on 0161 694 9203 / email@example.com