Infrastructure Architect -Migration/Implementation -Outside IR35
Based in London (working from home until further notice) an Infrastructure Architect is required on a contract basis to work on the Infrastructure work stream of a Data Centre Migration programme.
- Work with the Principal Infrastructure Architect and Core Project Team to shape the technical engagement with the awarded infrastructure partner across the following towers:-
- Core Infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Services)
- End User Computing
- Participate in workshops, providing quality assurance and gathering requirements to shape programme deliverables.
- Understand the As-Is Infrastructure components.
- Formulate and document DC Migration programme technology artefacts that help to articulate desired direction of travel:
- Design principles and policies
- Requirements (Functional and Non-Functional)
- Technical standards
- Key Decisions
- Solution briefs and high level designs
- Oversee and assure the work of in-house and external design and delivery streams.
- Challenge delivery partner(s) proposals where necessary to protect the interests and needs.
- Engage with internal teams to ensure all interests are taken into account.
- Support the transition of this Scope of Services to a Third Party Provider once appointed.
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive experience in Infrastructure Architecture across multiple domains such as Networking, Compute, Storage, Security and End User Compute.
- Experience of green field datacentre programme design, implementation and migration.
- Technical vendor relationship and management.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.