I.T Hardware Engineers - Server Rack Cabinets
I.T Hardware Engineers with Cabinet Design and Electrical knowledge is required to work on a twelve month contract with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Preston.
This is a contract working for our Military Air Customer
Overview of the I.T Hardware Engineers contract role
We are looking for I.T Hardware Engineers to support the design and delivery of 'fixed installation' IT Server Rack Cabinets and Deployable Server Rack Systems for the Mission Data Planning System, Sceptre.
The ideal candidate will have experience of designing, building and testing IT Server Rack Cabinets whilst ensuring that they are electrically safe to current legislation.
Job Description: Assist in the development of a Fixed and Mobile IT Server Rack Cabinets:
* Production of hardware design drawings for the internal cabinet installations - both mechanical and electrical.
* Computer Aided Design - using Microsoft Visio or Autodesk Inventor, to design modular computing server cabinets.
* Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.) and internal network/power wiring
* Assessment of safety and environmental risks
* Basic IT computer configuration
* Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
* Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
Key skills required for the I.T Hardware Engineers
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or similar CAD package
* Essential - Competent in IT cabinet design including electrical
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
1. Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional - similar CAD package
2. Hardware and electrical design.
3. Good Technical report writing (MS Office tools)
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are a Hardware Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk