Role Name: IT Manager
Location: Barrow, UK (Candidates have the flexiblility to work from home and travel to the office 3-4 times a month)
Rates / Salary: £45,000-£50,000
Outsource UK are looking to hire an IT Manager for our leading financial services client, who are headquarted in Barrow, to assist in the development of their IT function into a highly focussed customer orientated unit. As well as assisting in the day to day management of the IT team within the clients IT department, the ideal candidate will also play a Central role in the creation of the company's IT strategic plan.
Key accountabilities include:
- Assist in the development of IT function into a highly focussed customer orientated unit.
- Provide advice, guidance and solutions to support other IT and business functions ensuring the safe delivery of changes.
- In conjunction with IT Risk & Compliance maintain the Business Continuity Framework across the Group including effective business and IT recovery plans, ensuring regular testing of plans is delivered.
- Protect the IT services and data by providing assurance that all IT risks are anticipated, understood, and managed effectively. Ensure appropriate and effective controls are maintained to manage the IT Risk portfolio within the agreed appetite. ·
- Develop and maintain FBS IT Security strategy, roadmap, governance framework, policies, architecture, controls and systems.
- Delivery of ITIL processes across the following areas; Change Management, Major Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Management, Configuration Management & Capacity Management.
- To be responsible for the ongoing identification, management and monitoring of risks in your area including related projects to inform decisions and minimise losses
- 3+ years' experience working in technical managerial role.
Ability to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas;
- Virtualisation ( VMWare )
- Deep understanding of project methodolgies
- Microsoft product suite ( Active Directory, SQL )
- Network topologies ( WAN, LAN, VLan, VOIP )
- Security methodologies and processes
- ITIL accreditation
- Experience of managing/developing teams, organising projects and priorities and managing key stakeholders