Role: Implementation/Release Manager
Location: Cirencester, UK
Role type: Permanent
Right to Work in UK (No sponsorship)
Outsource UK are looking to hire an IT Implementation Manager for our client who is a global leader in Financial Technology for Banking, Insurance and other Financial Services. Reporting into the Head of Technology Services. The role is based on client site (Cirencester) working in a small team of Release/Implementation Managers. Interfacing with off-shore delivery teams.
- Produce the plan setting out the release implementation activities (readiness checkpoints, decision points, rehearsals, release communications etc), and the release-critical project activities and milestones that need to be monitored in the weeks leading up to the release.
- Define a Communications Plan to successfully Manage Senior Executives through the creation and implementation of each release.
- Define and implement the necessary governance to manage progress against the release implementation plan (release implementation meetings, reporting etc).
- Work with PMs and delivery leads across the programme (functional / technical delivery, testing, operations and business readiness) to ensure a clear and common understanding of the critical activities for the release and ensure workstream plans are consistent and aligned with the release implementation plan and approach.
- Define the management arrangements required to control the implementation of the release, including the processes, roles and responsibilities for decision-making, communications and escalation during the implementation period.
- Extensive release/implementation/ project management experience.
- Excellent planning, management and collaboration skills, and the ability to work with PMs and delivery leads across the project.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, and the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and programme team members.
- Understanding of live operations (business and IT) and the enhanced support arrangements required for a major implementation.
- Experience of working in a matrix management environment.
- Agile development experience.
- Management of development projects and / or programmes.
- Financial Services knowledge.
- Awareness of IT architecture.
- Educated to degree level in an IT related subject.
- Previous experience with offshore delivery teams.
For more information please contact Liam Fahey on 0161 694 9207 or email email@example.com