MAIN OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
The scope of the IT Service Design Manager will be to define and document service models for newly introduced or upgraded services in support of EITS type 2 and 3 projects. The role involves supporting internal EITS enterprise and Business Group projects. The core deliverable to projects and service delivery mangers are the following documents.
- Service Non Functional Requirements (NFC)
- Service Definitions
- Conceptual Service Models (CSM)
- Service Blueprint
- Service Design Pack (SDP)
- Operation Service Protocols (OSP)
- User Experience Reviews
- Project resource estimates
The Service Design Manager is responsible for creating service models in-conjunction with an array of projects and service stakeholders. These include project manager, architects, business analysts, service managers, service transition managers, communication mangers, customers, suppliers, test managers and service capability managers.
Specifically, the role holder will work in support of projects to define:-
- Identify all required all service support and administration processes
- Identify all Configurable Items (inc hardware, software and services) which need to be proactively managed to ensure continuity of service in the long term
- Design provisioning workflow processes
- Ensure incident, change, request, reporting, capacity management, event management and finance billing processes are designed and agreed.
- Detailing service capacity and availability plans
- Agreeing service SLA and KPIs
- Support user acceptance and testing
- Detailing service stakeholder roles and responsibilities
- Provide consultant support for end user communications
- Conducting service user experience reviews to meet CSAT targets and provide support to communication mangers
- Produce OSP which detail how multiple service suppliers work together and resolve disputes
- Fully document service models within an comprehensive SDP for hand over to Service Transition Manager for implementation.
Accountable to the Lead Service Delivery Manager to:
- Define support strategies and models in support of projects (billable to projects)
- Ensure service models are designed that support a proactive management prevent agenda
- Ensure that user experience is 'designed in' by projects
- Represent the end user experience input into Changes and Transition / ORR activities
- Sponsor and lead Service Improvement initiatives associated with user experience
- Ensure service experience design supports positive CSAT outcomes.
- Present progress updates by way of presentation to customers.
- Report service development progress on a routine basis
- Escalate issues as required in a timely fashion
- Advise project resource requirements and service Delivery FTE impact
BUSINESS EXPERTISE (company/industry knowledge):
- To fully understand the business goals and needs of clients by immersing yourself in their environment
- To have a clear understanding of user experience and user-centric design
- To understand industry standards relating to performance metrics and user interface experiences
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (qualifications/experience):
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Good technical knowledge of end user devices/systems, e.g. desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile devices and the back office systems supporting them.
- Detailed knowledge of service design, including ITIL service design package
NATURE OF IMPACT (on the overall business, e.g. tactical, strategic, responsibility for business area)
- The role will support the on-going maturity of EITS as a the Service Integrator
SPECIALIST SKILLS REQUIRED:
- ITIL framework certification.
- Basic knowledge of Service Now toolset
- Basic project management skills
- Excellent understanding of ITIL processes.
- Experience of 3rd party management.
AREA OF IMPACT: (where is the influence of the role felt?)
- The Service Design will impact all areas of the EITS organisation and ultimately allows for improved services being delivered to the customer base
- Understanding of service design principles and artefacts.
- Proven ability to shape and change processes.
LEADERSHIP: PEOPLE MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- No direct line management responsibilities but very strong influencing and leadership skills required. This role is expected to require a strong personality who will lead, direct and influence the right outcomes
- Regular requirement to run workshops to brainstorm ideas, approaches and present pros/cons of various options to reach consensus view with service stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and listening skills are required as is the ability to be well organised to support the delivery of multiple work packages.
- The role requires multiple projects are supported simultaneously requiring competent planning and time management skills.
- Given the number of stakeholders required to work with (some senior) the roles requires a degree of pragmatism, diplomacy and leadership to support effective and timely decision making.