Java Developer - Agile - Java 8+ - Inside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Java Developer on a contract basis to work on a Digital Revenue and Digital Website Programme.
This role is based in Swindon but working from home until further notice.
You will be involved in building and maintaining public-facing website & transactional web applications. Working in small cross-functional agile teams, delivering real business benefit on a regular schedule into production with good tech, with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
Skills and experience required:
- Worked using an Agile Software Delivery approach and have experience of working within a highly collaborative and cross-functional Agile environment
- Have a background in development and maintenance of web based product solutions with a focus on quality, performance, reliability, scalability and resiliency.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of using software engineering tools and best practices
- Strong Java 8+ enterprise web development
- Expert with Spring, REST, Graph QL APIs (inc API Security) and Microservices
- Experienced with containerisation (Docker)
- Experienced with database technologies including Oracle, Elasticsearch, Mongo and Postgres
- Experienced with Maven, Git and CI tools (ideally Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experienced with the Atlassian Product suite including Jira, Bitbucket and Bamboo
- Enthused by Unit, Functional and Integration Testing
- Familiar with BDD and Cucumber
- Familiar with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, Serverless)
- Familiar with Kotlin
Please note this role is inside IR35 and candidates will not be able to work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.