Based in London (working from home until further notice) a Java Developer is required on a contract basis to deliver technical support and development services for the Java application systems.
Candidates can work through their limited company for this role.
- Work closely with business analysts to produce functional specification for approved user requests.
- Analyse user requirements.
- Propose solutions to user requirements.
- Analyse impact of proposed solution on other systems and modules.
- To liaise with the business and other areas of IT to provide issue diagnosis / identification and resolution proposal / implementation.
- Participate in the technical development programme in order to ensure that system changes, patches, enhancements and developments are sound, support the operational priorities and are conducted according to the IT-BSDS's procedures.
- Represent the Java team at ad hoc meetings.
- When necessary provide updates for Project Steering Committees and System User groups (relevant to areas under responsibility) to ensure good communication and that stakeholders / sponsors are kept up to date.
- The developer will collaborate with other members of the IT Business Systems teams to provide technical advice on Java systems and assistance with their deliverables.
- Support the transition of this Scope of Services to a Third Party Provider once appointed.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communicator in English - both written and verbal
- Minimum of 8 years of broad IT experience with 5 years proven Java development
- Experience of a broad range of development languages and technologies ; Java 1.8, JEE, Spring MVC, AngularJS, JQuery, REST, SOAP, AJAX, JSON, HTML, CSS, XSLT, Webservice, JAXB, JSP, Jboss Enterprise Application Platform, SQL, Hibernate, Subversion, NetBeans, XML, and related technologies.
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the full software development and deployment cycle in a corporate environment.
- Able to articulate and define designs using UML
- Oracle database development experience
- Build scripts : Ant and Maven
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Good understanding of change management concepts, project quality and risk management concepts
- Extensive experience throughout the software development lifecycle
- Knowledge and experiences of SDLC methodologies (Agile, Waterfall)
- Open minded towards other technologies and with a wide and keen interest on the evolution of technology.
- A team player with a positive and constructive attitude towards work and colleagues
- Perform Java development work to fulfil user requirements for enhancements and bug fixes in a fast moving and ever changing environment.
- Possesses strong investigative and analytical qualities
- For smaller assignments gather functional and technical system requirements
- Able to contribute to an environment of continuous improvement.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and Outsource UK will be in touch.