This is a long term contract opportunity within the Maritime Industry
Overview of the Software Developer contract roles
- The specification and design of software to meet defined requirements by following agreed design standards and principles.
- The definition of software, components, interfaces and related characteristics.
- The identification of concepts and patterns and the translation into a design which provides a basis for software construction and verification.
- The evaluation of alternative solutions and trade-offs.
- The facilitation of design decisions within the constraints of systems designs, design standards, quality, feasibility, extensibility and maintainability.
- The planning, designing, creation, amending, verification, testing and documentation of new and amended software components in order to deliver agreed value to stakeholders.
- The identification, creation and application of agreed software development and security standards and processes.
Systems integration and build
- The planning, implementation and control of activities to integrate/build components, subsystems and interfaces to create operational systems, products or services for delivery to customers, or for internal or interim purposes such as testing.
- The development of organisational capabilities for systems integration and build including automation and continuous integration.
Responsibilities of the Software Developer contract roles
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate software design methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Specifies and designs large or complex software components. Undertakes impact analysis on major design options, makes recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Specifies prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making. Evaluates the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identifies corrective action, if needed.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements.
- Contributes to development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plans and drives software construction activities.
- Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Recommends and implements improvements to processes and tools.
Key skills required for the Software Developer contract roles
- Good degree or equivalent qualifications.
- OO Design patterns, Dependency Injection.
- Continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Exposure to automated testing and behaviour driven development.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything