Outsource UK are currently seeking a Java/Springboot Developer for a 6 month contract for a Finance Company based in London (but this will be working from home)
This role is based inside IR35.
You will be responsible for delivery of change across systems that support the commercial banking business, group corporate treasury as well as support functions such as Risk and Finance.
- Work with the Engineering Lead/Product owner to deliver change on our reference data platform, employing best practice agile delivery.
- Partnering with the scrum master to identify MVP and planning sprints accordingly.
- Deliver the highest quality customer and service driven software whist continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting the engineering team.
- Whilst this is a hands on development role you will provide mentoring and guidance to less experienced developers both onshore and offshore
- Through expert engineering and architectural skills translate high level business requirements into technology architectures that align to the strategic architecture.
- Exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well defined parameters.
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine.
- Understand business & lab priorities, and facilitate the best solution designs with team members and product owners.
- Identify technical impediments / bottlenecks and work directly to resolve.
- Ensure team owned applications have an automated deployment and automated testing solution/approach.
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative
- Strong knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle
- Significant experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence, TDD
- Senior software engineer with extensive Java / Spring Boot / Spring Cloud experience as well as performance tuning of the JVM
- Extensive MS SQL and large relational database experience.
- ReactJS experience an advantage.
- Experience with a distributed caching solution such as HazelCast, Coherence, Ignite or Infinispan an advantage.
- Strong CI/CD experience using Jenkins or similar and automated testing
- Proven experience of running teams consisting of software and quality engineers, analysts and devops, both onshore and offshore
- A keen advocate of Agile delivery practices
- Experience across the entire solutions development life-cycle from inception, through build to production
- You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability
- Experience of API design particularly ReST and architecture patterns, messaging technologies (i.e MQ, Kafka)
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.