Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Java/Spring Developer for a 3-6 month contract position based in Buckinghamshire.
Candidates will be required to work through Umbrella and PAYE.
Responsibilities for Software Developer:
- You will be working on HR Systems, currently using PeopleSoft, which are being replaced by an integration to Workday.
- Integrations from Workday will be via xml feeds into a Common Data Model (CDM) which will provide all downstream integrations and reporting requirements.
- The ETL processing will use Spring Batch to process the incoming xml files into PostgreSQL databases.
- Develop the ETL processes to create the Common Data Model databases, along with integrations to downstream systems, working closely with the existing Workday and PeopleSoft teams, planning and training others as applicable.
- Initially the CDM will be built according to the model design and Workday integrations will be the priority to populate the CDM. Downstream integrations will be phased.
- The workday development team is responsible for the overall implementation which will be serving multiple countries.
- The UK team will be responsible for building the CDM and all associated integrations, replacing PeopleSoft as the main data source.
- The role will work closely with the UK PeopleSoft team and the business partners.
- Extensive experience using Java, Java 8, Spring batch, Spring Boot
- Able to take a data design and technical architecture as input to build the CDM, working closely with the Platforms engineers and the business analysts and users.
- Strong communication skills and can work independently.
- Previously used technologies ETL, GitLab, JQuery, SQL, Jenkins and XML
- Familiarity with WorkDay, XML or PostgreSQL
If you would like to be considered for this role please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.