Outsource UK are currently seeking a Java/Springboot Developer for a 6 month contract for a Finance Company based in London (but this will be working from home)
This role is based inside IR35.
Opportunity for a Java developer to join Markets Value Stream, Sales and Trading Lab in the Trade Flow Simplification. This particular role will be supporting the on-going development of our front office trade store which is being used to drive improved STP, MI and intraday risk to the trading desks.
The candidate will demonstrate adherence to quality standards/principles, usability design standards, and good engineering practice and be responsible for helping define and build front to back solutions. As part of the Engineering team, you will need to pick up new technologies and innovative ways to solve problems. In order to be successful, strong collaboration and communication skills are necessary and you must be comfortable operating in an agile, dynamic environment.
- Solve unique and complex problems with impact to Capital Markets Value Stream of Commercial Banking
- Work with product owners, UX and other business partners
- Design, implement, test and maintain micro services
- Participate in planning sessions with product owners, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements and outline the proposed business solution
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Provide input to information/data flow and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined Definition of Done and design specification
- Identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit tests, integration tests, BDD tests and maintenance as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of Java and Spring boot
- Experience of developing micro service applications
- Working experience in streaming, messaging and RESTful APIs.
- Kafka and Cassandra experience in particular would be beneficial
- Understanding of Hazelcast or similar in memory cache technologies (desirable)
- Familiarity with modern build pipelines and tools - experience with UrbanCode, git and Jenkins would be beneficial
- Demonstrated experience in Multi-threading
- Demonstrate a clear approach to automated testing and exception handling
- Experience with React or web based front ends is desirable
- Experience with working Capital Markets Front Office technology is preferred, in particular with knowledge of interest rate swaps, bonds and futures
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.