Lead Project Professional
Based in Portsmouth a Lead Project Professional is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
The individual in this role will manage a small project, or a part of a larger, more complex project, (such as a particular work package), or will support a Project Manager or Head of Project with aspects of managing a larger project/programme. The role may be that of a Control Account Manager with specific responsibilities for the performance of particular Control Accounts as part of the project's control regime.
The role is likely to report to a Project/Programme Manager or Head of Project/Programme. At this level the incumbent may lead a team of professional staff, being responsible for managing their delivery and performance and providing appraisal and support to their development. They would have a level of specialist knowledge in one or more areas of project management practice, and be expected to be able to adapt and apply these practices in different circumstances, to develop these practices and to guide and instruct others in their application.
- Project Management experience demonstrated in a professional role within a significant business or project and ideally worked in the defence industry.
- Advanced Administration and general office skills including spreadsheets/Microsoft packages.
- Extensive, expert level understanding of a range of Project Management tools techniques and practices.
- Good knowledge of the Project Management capability landscape including with Professional institutions.
- Good understanding of the Business environment for Line of Business or project.
- Good knowledge and experience of Project Management governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and as Assessor at LCM Reviews.
- Experience of influencing stakeholders both inside and outside the company.
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders to achieve business success.
- Ability to capture, evaluate and share best practice.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything