Liaison Engineer - Constructive
A Constructive Liaison Engineer with Maritime Design/Manufacture/Maintenance experience is required to work on a four month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Portsmouth
This is a contract within the Naval Industry
Overview of the Liaison Engineer contract role
This Liaison Engineer is responsible for supporting the Engineering Support Team in ensuring that the service delivered is safe and delivers a functional engineering product. This is achieved through proactive review of the integrity of work instructions during project planning and responding to engineering queries during project delivery.
During project delivery, resolve production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent. The role will include the need to carry out engineering calculations, investigate and resolve engineering and maintenance support issues, and to support Ops, COMs and Project Management functions in the delivery of ship projects or programmes. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority (within Design Intent).
Key skills required for the Liaison Engineer contract role
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
- Able to perform robust analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
- Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
- Some experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships systems and equipment.
- Requires an understanding of how activities of own team interrelates and interacts with the rest of QEC Support.
- A understanding of the external environment including the MoD structure and their engineering processes.
- Can apply the relevant Business processes to developing their outputs.
The role is based in Portsmouth, Hampshire - commutable from Southampton, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Liaison Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9198
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything