Linux Practitioner - Inside IR35
Based in Exeter (working from home until further notice) a Linux IT Practitioner is required on a contract basis to Support and manage Linux platforms in use in order to deliver the Linux Desktop and Linux Operational services.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support Linux platforms by undertaking the practice of investigating.
- Identifying root causes and resolving reported incidents so that the platforms continue to meet customer requirements.
- Ensure that all business processes (including ITIL processes) and work instructions and development guidance associated with the services are followed, to ensure the most efficient and effective use of resources in line with priorities Installation of operating systems on hardware devices where appropriate
Skills and experience required:
- Proven experience of building, managing and administering RHEL6 and RHEL7 desktop and server based systems, preferably using Red Hat Network (RHN).
- Proven experience in the use of standard Linux tools to diagnose performance problems
- Experience of working in a support role including the use of ServiceNow or a similar tool
- A proven ability to communicate easily, enthusiastically and professionally with a range of customers Good team-working skills and when appropriate the ability to work to own initiative with an organised approach to work.
- Proven communication skills both within the immediate team and with the wider customer base
- Experience of working with Puppet
Please note for this role work through a Limited Company.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.