Linux System Admin - 75K Package - 2 days Working from home - post covid 19.
The primary responsibilities include:
- To form part of a critical operations function that is responsible for the monitoring, availability and performance of production services.
- Responding to stakeholder requests within agreed timescales or SLO
- Drive automation to reduce failures, manual tasks and therefore improving overall application performance and availability.
- Perform systems administration activities to ensure the smooth operation of applications across multiple platforms
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders as per incident management process.
- Demonstrate ownership of events and incidents through to restoration
- Perform daily shift handovers to peers and management across multiple geographies.
- Support maintenance activities which impact production applications.
- Support critical systems that handle sensitive and proprietary data
- Create, maintain and update work instructions for troubleshooting and supporting applications.
- Contribute to the planning of application/infrastructure releases and configuration changes
- Provide input to administering and maintaining all production environments
- Patching and upgrade of existing applications
- Provide feedback and coaching to upstream teams (both internal and vendors) to reduce escalations and to continually improve overall experience for customers.
Professional Experience Required
- A degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related fields with related experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience administering Linux systems
- Strong hands-on experience of variants of linux distros
- Familiarity or experience of working with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with deployment tools such as Ansible Tower and Jenkins
- Experience in carrying out large deployments to global infrastructure
- Proficient with orchestration/configuration tools such as Ansible, Terraform and Puppet.
- Strong working knowledge of networking, packet tracing, understanding latency and throughput in order to pinpoint or resolve application issues.
- Thorough knowledge of HTTP(S), SMTP, TLS/SSL, DNS and LDAP
- Experience of system/application administration in a distributed, customer-facing, high-availability and large-scale environments
- Experienced and confident in at least one scripting language such as Perl, shell, Ruby or Python.
- Experience with monitoring systems
Personal Experience Required
- A strong team player with the ability to grasp new technologies, adapt to change in methodologies, with a focus on delivery
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with respect to application technologies
- Ability to remain calm and work well under pressure
- A keen interest and desire to work within the security arena
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels up to senior management
This role will need to participate in weekends and holidays on-call support as and when required (1 out of 5 weekends)