Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Linux/Veritas Administrator for a position based in Buckinghamshire.
Candidates will be required to work through Umbrella.
Responsibilities for Linux Veritas Administrator:
- Work within the transformation project team to support a migration project involving the upgrade and migration of a large number of Veritas clusters installed on Linux VMs from VMware to a cloud platform.
- Upgrading of Veritas Clusters Provide overnight support for migrations.
- Troubleshoot any issues as a result of failed migrations.
- Work with a number of teams to ensure migrations are successful.
- Working on Redhat Linux and Veritas support and troubleshooting
- Reporting to the program manager of the transformation project
- This role will be working overnight and will require a degree of flexibility from the candidate.
- The successful candidate must have a strong background in Veritas Cluster and Linux and have supported similar migration projects.
- Experience with administering virtualization platforms including VMware.
- Experience with Redhat Linux, Veritas Clusters is essential
- Strong understanding of both VMware and cloud platforms ideally with hands on experience
- Excellent communication skills
If you would like to be considered please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.