Based in Barrow a Logistics Operative is required on a 6 month contract basis to work for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Operate Fork Lift Truck and manual handling equipment, ensuring required Fork Lift Truck checks and routine basic maintenance are completed.
- Support and promote the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People.
- Deliver timely receipt of finished goods / raw materials
- Deliver timely dispatch of finished goods to customers
- Deliver a high level or order picking / dispatch accuracy
- Carry out all transactions related to stock movement accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain high level of accuracy of inventory in the stores
- Complete all operating documentation and transactions
- Control product quality, highlighting non-conformance and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with key operator / team members to ensure compliance to the customer and key targets / daily plan.
- Ensure the flow of materials is quick and efficient and meets customers' demands.
- Ensure stock levels are accurate both physically within stores areas and on SAP.
- Effectively manage workload and proactively identify/report/help resolve actual /potential issues affecting the efficient management of material.
- Aid colleagues with any part problems or stock queries and assist in there resolution.
- Attain and deploy knowledge of required logistics tasks and processes within stores, warehouse and shipping functions.
- Maintain area process indicators and participate in improvement activities.
- Proactively maintain and contribute to a safe working environment in compliance with all Health, Safety and Environmental Law, company standards and procedures.
- Report all unsafe or non-compliant situations by taking action, and report all near misses.
- Demonstrate a duty of care towards those you come in contact with and work with.
- Proactively escalate potential Health & Safety issues as and where appropriate.
- Effective working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and Outlook.
- Experience working within a logistics-based environment desirable.
- Customer orientated.
- Good communication skills at all organisational levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Fork lift truck /Man riser (Desirable but not essential as training will be given).
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything