Permanent Birmingham £27000-30000 basic plus benefits
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Facilities Manager on a full-time basis, the successful candidate will be experienced in the field of Facilities Management and effectively coordinate the in-house Maintenance team in delivering building services to a portfolio of properties across the UK. This position offers variety, responsibility and the opportunity to learn and develop your key skills. The successful individual will support the Group Property Management team, who are responsible for overall building management, statutory compliance, cost planning and project delivery. You will ensure the smooth running of the team through ongoing support and exceptional organisation.
Purpose of the role
The role of the Maintenance Team Leader is to coordinate all aspects of building maintenance in the field of hard FM. The successful candidate will play a key part in overseeing building services works and coordinating external suppliers/contractors, providing specialist technical input to ensure all works undertaken on site by Suppliers are completed safely and appropriately whilst adhering to quality controls, programme and cost. They will also line manage the in-house Maintenance team and coordinate their planned, statutory and reactive workflows. The role involves working as part of a busy Property Management Team who look after a current portfolio of 16 properties across the UK.
Duties and responsibilities
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing line management and workflow co-ordination to the in-house Maintenance team and manage external contractors to ensure a high standard of work is delivered efficiently and safely across all sites
- Providing forward planning to ensure effective management of building assets
- Managing the in house planned preventative and reactive maintenance, ensuring that relevant statutory, mandatory and ad-hoc maintenance tasks are properly planned, coordinated and delivered in a timely manner and meet departmental KPI targets
- Conducting building inspections of all Solihull and remote sites to assess the general condition of all buildings and recommend and reporting/organising any maintenance required proactively to maintain a high standard at all times
- Ensuring appropriate permit to work and site inductions are completed as relevant when works are undertaken on site
- Reporting any Security or H&S issues identified immediately and monitor any remedial actions through to conclusion
- Participating in projects and supervising all associated works as necessary plus assisting Group Property Managers with works as required. Obtaining quotations for works and projects ensuring quality control is maintained at all times
- To be conversant and have a good understanding of all Facilities Management systems - BMS, CAD, Security Access System
- Co-ordinating Mechanical and Electrical Contractors and conduct weekly review meetings to ensure SLAs are adhered to. To be fully conversant with all contracts in place relating to building management and be fully conversant with the contract tendering process
- Liaising across teams within Group Property and all stakeholders across the business, ensuring customers are kept appraised of progress on works at all times
Skills / background
- Knowledge and understanding of the Facilities services within the Group
- Experienced in delivering effective reactive and planned maintenance plans to commercial properties
- To be conversant and have a good understanding of Building Management Systems
- To be able to delegate tasks to team members in your department and coordinate workflow effectively
- Well skilled and committed in providing excellent customer care
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written forms at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- A good level of self-motivation and provision of a good level of support to colleagues and customers
- Positive can-do attitude with ability to research/source for a solution
- Proven experience within a Maintenance background and proven track record of line management experience
Qualifications and experience Strong background and experience of working with building plant, controls and systems, including HVAC. City and Guilds/NVQ/equivalent qualification in a building/engineering discipline. Extensive and relevant experience within a general maintenance environment with a proven track record in successfully managing a multi-disciplined team. Grade C or above GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics. Full, clean UK driving licence.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm (one hour for lunch). Training Relevant training will be provided.