Manufacturing Engineer - Shipbuilding, Steel / Heavy Engineering
A Manufacturing Engineer with Steel / Heavy Engineering is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Cumbria.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Manufacturing Engineer - Shipbuilding, Steel / Heavy Engineering contract role
Working during the transition to build phase of the product life cycle, the role involves analysing the design and creating an assembly sequence and particularly pipe fitting, electrical cable installation / termination, HVAC installation There are also major items of mechanical plant to be installed and connected to pipe / electrical systems. The role requires liaising with Operations, quality, Jig & Tool, to create an assembly sequence fully integrated with a quality inspection and test plan and appropriate supporting documentation.
- The role also requires provision of support to Operations during the build to resolve problems and gather and implement improvements to the build sequence and supporting documentation / equipment.
- The type of work being undertaken is ship building, consequently lifting and orientation of materials is a significant problem to overcome and needs to be fully integrated in to the build sequence and production plan.
Key skills required for the Manufacturing Engineer - Steel / Heavy Engineering
- The candidate must have experience of working in the transition to build phase of the product life cycle; working in discrete manufacturing industries doing heavy fabrication and out-fitting.
- This is a heavy fabrication workshop involving working at height an in confined spaces, consequently experience planning work in these environments is very desirable, as-is a good understanding of the safety controls to ensure a safe system of work is maintained at all times.
- The systems and tools used are TeamCentre, Visualisation and SAP. Documentation is authored on MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; we also use VISIO for process mapping purposes. The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District.
If you are a Manufacturing Engineer with Shipbuilding, Steel / Heavy Engineering looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).