Marine Engineer - Auxiliary Systems
A Marine Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client> based in Glasgow.
Overview of the Marine Engineer contract role
This role will apply design knowledge in mechanical aspects of all Auxiliary Systems in order to resolve specialist design problems and issues.
Will assist with the development of Auxiliary systems, providing design input to the subcontractor and assurance that the architecture and detailed design are fit for purpose, ensuring technical viability and safe operation of specific auxiliary systems.
Will assist in the development of SQEP within the Auxiliaries sub-discipline.
Key skills required for the Marine Engineer
- Degree qualified in an engineering or other related discipline, although not essential.
- Meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council and be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
- Experience in Marine Engineering Systems
- Experience in the design, build, integration, support and operation of naval ships.
- Knowledge and experience of shipbuilding, Operations processes and modern build strategies.
- Knowledge of processes and tools used in Marine Engineering
- Awareness of Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes.
- Awareness of external market and similar industry advancements and developments
- Understands how marine engineering integrates into other technologies and products.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Possesses knowledge of the application of specialisation to the maritime environment
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are a Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything