Outsource are currently seeking a Material Planner for a large manufacturing company based in Stockton for a 12 month contract.
This role is based onsite and the candidate will have to go through Umbrella Company or PAYE.
- Determines method of supplying components either by procurement, subcontract, or in-house manufacturing.
- Sourcing and price negotiation on consumable items as and when required, raising relevant paperwork etc.
- Initiates sales order, places purchase order and processes paperwork on purchased finished products and service part orders in line with demand. Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability. Prepares and enters purchase orders. Coordinating P&S part kitting. Ordering transport and managing returnable stillages.
- Co-ordinating with all relevant departments for NPI movement and organising route cards, drawings and parts.
- Discuss defective, unacceptable goods or services with inspection, quality control personnel, user, vendor, and others to determine root cause and take corrective action. Manage NCM meetings alongside Quality, Good In, Operations and Cycle Counter liaising with relevant contacts to control and reduce NCM.
- Work alongside Material Planning Supervisor to establish weekly build, releasing and controlling work orders and route cards.
- Daily / monthly / weekly reporting and consolidation.
- Managing and resolving invoice queries both direct and indirect.
- Any additional support required by Material Planning Supervisors.
- Working hours: Mon-Thursday 7am-3pm and Fridays 7am-11am.
- Knowledge of Material Control, Purchasing, inventory Control, Manufacturing operations; and processes a working knowledge of their various data processing systems.
- Able to communicate and work with all levels of personnel both inside and outside the company.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
- Previously worked for a logistics or manufacturing company.
If you would like to be considered for this position please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.