Material Planning Analyst
Based in Shrewsbury a Material Planner is required on a 12 month contract basis to work for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- As a Material Planning Analyst, you will collaborate with suppliers to ensure execution to planned orders and schedules
- Resolves issues with suppliers to ensure material availability for facility production
- Work with a cross functional team including operations, quality and purchasing to support facility production and point of use material availability
- Ensures alignment of facility inventory accuracy and inventory systems planning parameters with the plan for every part to maintain planning integrity
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the facility
- Supplier collaboration to meet facility production plans
- Utilise root cause corrective actions to resolve supplier performance issues
- Analyse established parts schedules and production requirements
- Convert requirements into appropriate piece parts
- Requisition materials and regulate inventory levels
- Manage and perform supplier scheduling and implementation of engineering changes for the efficient manufacture of products and components
- Support supply chain performance efforts by monitoring and tracking supplier performance metrics
- Deliver improvements in point of use material availability
- Provide Material Planning expertise to facility functions in support of improving demand variability, forecast credibility and usability for production planning
- Knowledge of production scheduling and material requirements planning
- Experience of using MRP systems
- Knowledge and/or experience in material control, purchasing or logistics
- Knowledge and understanding of 6 Sigma / Lean principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, organization and communication skills
- Good PC Skills are essential, able to use MS Excel to intermediate standard or higher
- College or university degree, or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain and/or Logistics
- APICS CPIM or CSPC National Certification (Desired)
- Knowledge and experience of QAD ERP System (Desired)
Please note you'll have to operate via an umbrella company or PAYE.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything