Mechanical Design Engineer - Electrical Rack Installations
Based in Portsmouth an Mechanical Design Engineer is required on a 12 month contract basis for a major defence client.
This is an great opportunity to join a leading edge and exciting programme of work which does offer an excellent working environment.
- Integration of practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions.
- Provide guidance to small groups of engineers within the team on specific tasks.
- Provide technical guidance on areas of specific expertise within the team.
- Requirement analysis and derivation at sub-system and product level, in addition to defining and capturing qualification statements/cases against requirements.
- Carrying out mechanical engineering design tasks to include feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project and business requirements.
- Specifying the materials, tolerances, finishes, composite construction, strengths and weights of all aspects of mechanical product design.
- Substantiation of the structural integrity and the thermal performance of the designed product within its operating environment.
- Writing of verification and test procedures proving compliance for product acceptance.
- Experienced engineer with substantial mechanical development experience in packaging or electronics and rack installation on ships.
- Experience of operating in a defence or high safety integrity environment.
- Proven experience of relevant industry standards.
- Experience with all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems.
If you would like to be considered for this role please don't hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything