Mechanical Engineer - Outfit
A Mechanical Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Glasgow.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence business.
Overview of the Mechanical Engineer contract role
- Undertake Seamanship system and compartment design and integration activities
- Support Outfit system and compartment design and integration activities
The role holder will require knowledge and experience of naval and / or commercial ship outfit and seamanship systems with the experience to support system and spatial integration issues with other disciplines.
Seamanship includes the design or operation of boat handling systems, anchor and mooring equipment, RAS and stores handling equipment. .
Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable.
Tasks and Activities:
- Produce Layout Drawings for Seamanship compartments for review by stakeholders and to allow Stage 2 to model these spaces.
- Update Windchill PLM with mature parts, systems, occurrences and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design.
- Write and update Technical Equipment Specifications and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification.
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Seamanship systems.
- Support and attend FATs, HATs and SATs during the build, commissioning and trials phases.
- Support acceptance activities for Seamanship facilities and equipment
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews.
- Act as Secretary to the Seamanship Working Group (SWG), organising the WG, writing and issuing WG agendas and minutes and maintain the WG Action Log.
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the Type 26 design, as directed by Line Management.
The role is based in Glasgow - Commutable from Kilmarnock, Paisley, Greenock, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Edinburgh
If you are an Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.