A number of Mechanical Fitters are required to work on an ongoing contract basis, with the possibility of extension for our Engineering client based in Somerset.
Overview of the Mechanical Fitter contract role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a number of Skilled Mechanical Fitters to join a leading manufacturing company based in Clevedon, Bristol, specialising in vacuum and exhaust-management systems to the semi-conductor industry.
As a Skilled Mechanical Fitter your duties will include:
- Light assembly work, all equipment/tools will be provided.
- Preparing pump frames (fitting sections, brackets etc).
- Making/building sub-assemblies (pneumatics, valves, pipe work, bending etc.)
- Fitting pipe runs into frames (predominantly 1 1/4 inch, stainless).
- Fitting heaters and insulation to pipe runs- preparing the pumps.
An ideal Skilled Mechanical Fitter will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Electrical knowledge would be an advantage but not essential.
- There will be a requirement for at least one of the team to run cable looms through pump frames (including, when necessary, termination of looms).
- Will be an experienced fitter, perhaps from an automotive manufacturing background.
- No formal qualifications are required, but you must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of tools and processes.
The working hours of this role are set shifts of either 0600 - 1400 OR 1400 - 2200 Monday to Friday, with overtime available on Saturday and Sunday. You will need to be flexible on start and finish times.
Salary: Early Shift £12.47 (PAYE ) - £16.25 (UMBRELLA) Late shifts £14.96 (PAYE) - £19.50 (UMB)
Overtime is paid at x1.33 Weekdays, x 1.5 Saturdays and x2 Sundays, plus holiday entitlement.
The role is based in Clevedon Somerset - commutable from Bristol, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Worcester, Cirencester, Swindon, Devizes, Trowbridge, Bath, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare
If you are a Mechanical Fitter looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Outsource - taking care of everything