£21,544 basic salary (£12.83 p/h) - uplifts for shift patterns
Great career opportunities to join a global manufacturer of construction materials and products.
With nearly 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, we're committed to helping create a better built environment. As a Fitter reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you'll be responsible for safely and efficiently running the process, carrying out planned maintenance and repairs to the site and equipment to maintain our asset capacity and value.
Duties and responsibilities: -
● Carry out planned maintenance and repairs to the site
● Carry out planned repairs to equipment to maintain asset capacity and value
● Contribute to the preparation and development of safe working methods for repair procedures
● Respond to unplanned repairs and other requirements
● Respond to plant breakdowns - ensuring it is returned to production in a timely manner, and temporary fixes are followed up with a permanent solution.
● Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
● Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
● Support and train operatives to complete maintenance tasks
● To carry out the daily plant and other inspections; complete the forms and where a problem exists notify management immediately
● Be responsible for the plant assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, plant buildings, and equipment and stores used therein and efficient employment of them.
● To react promptly and effectively to site breakdowns by liaising with operatives and assisting where needed.
● To monitor and ensure that all plant stoppages, breakdowns, and logs are documented correctly.
● Complete and adhere to all Safety related documentation for all maintenance activates.
Key skills/requirements: -
● A highly motivated individual with drive and enthusiasm
● Ability to work as part of a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation as required.
● Experienced fitter who is also skilled in welding, cutting and fabricating techniques with tech qualification, NVQ3 or equivalent.
● Excellent communication and team working skills
● Ability to plan and implement maintenance schedules and good working knowledge of engineering drawings.
● Good understanding of health and safety
● Good organising skills
● IT literacy and ability to work to deadlines.
● Ability to work flexibly
Shift pattern: -
Days - Night - Afternoons in that order.
Days - 6am until 2:15pm - £12.83 per hour.
Nights - 10pm until 6:15am - £12.83 per hour + 27% of that.
Afternoons - 2pm until 10:15pm - £12.83 per hour + 20% of that.
Please note, successful candidates must be willing to work all shift patterns.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything