Mechanical/Manufacturing Assembly Planner
A Mechanical/Manufacturing Assembly Planner is required to work on a twelve month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Lancashire.
Overview of the Assembly Planner contract role
You will be responsible for ensuring that the original design intent is met in the finished product. Engineers will translate design information in the form of CAD models, drawings, material and manufacturing process specifications into repeatable processes as part of the Manufacturing Engineering Process, documenting the optimum manufacturing methods in written and/or pictorial instructions with due regard to cost and quality for new build and retro modification
This is achieved by providing a documented, safe, capable repeatable method which will dictate the sequence of manufacturing or maintenance and tooling/equipment required for both assemblies and details.
Key skills required for the Assembly Planner
- Engineering Degree or HNC/HND or recognised apprenticeship and significant experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Assembly engineering and manufacturing experience in the aerospace (or equivalent standard) industry
- Knowledge and experience of Assembly Manufacturing processes including Design for Manufacture / Design for Assembly type activities.
- Engineering Toolset knowledge, CATIA V5 (R28 preferred), PLM (or equivalent Product Data Manager), SAP CAM (computer Aided Manufacture) or SFM (Shop Floor Manager), CDP and VAS
- Proven history of managing development and implementation activities
- Ability to manage projects to cost and schedule
A working knowledge of GD&T type activities including:
- Defining product Key Characteristics by interpreting the top level product requirements and flowing down to lower level components.
- Application of statistical tolerance analysis.
- Ability to interpret / define GD&T requirements (ISO)
The role is based in Lancashire - commutable from Preston, Blackpool, Chorley, Leyland, Blackburn, Darwen, Burnley, Skipton, Stockport, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale and Oldham with excellent access from Liverpool, Lancaster and Leeds
If you are looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Engineering opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource - taking care of everything