Role: Mode 5 IFF Project Safety Lead
Duration: 12 months
Location: Filton (but working remotely)
Rate: £60-65 p/h
IR35 status: OUTSIDE IR35
A Project Safety Lead, primarily focussed on the aerospace domain (fixed and rotary wing) but also responsible for overseeing the land and naval domain safety activities. The role will involve defining project safety and environmental requirements, providing guidance on product safety and environmental issues and the production of hazard and accident logs, safety and environmental assessments and associated supporting documentation.
Operating from the Mode 5 Project Office in Bristol (but remotely during COVID-19 restrictions), the Safety Lead will provide product safety and environmental management support to project and platform engineering activities. This includes close liaison with Platform Design Organisation (PDO) and Partner Safety Leads, reviewing customer requirements; identifying applicable regulations, legislation and standards and defining associated requirements; developing and maintaining safety management plans; conducting, documenting and managing hazard logs, risk assessments and mitigation strategies using eCassandra; and developing robust CAE/GSN safety arguments.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Definition of Product Safety and Environmental Requirements derived from customer requirements, Legislation, Company requirements and emergent properties of the design.
- Provision of technical support to product and other legislative compliance issues.
- Engineering representation at site safety forums, platform design reviews and Project Safety Committees.
- Conduct independent Safety and Environmental Assessments on products to support the relevant programme and design reviews as required.
- Produce, review and sign off Domain Safety Assessments.
- Customer Supplier liaison.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge
- Understands and implements the requirements of a company Safety Management System (SMS).
- Identifies forthcoming changes to legislation and analyses the potential impact on stakeholders.
- Has extensive knowledge of the legal requirements for safety and the supporting standards.
- Is able to produce a Safety and Environmental Management Plan that captures the requirements of the SMS.
- Knows how to plan and implement a safety assessment programme for a project that covers safety activities undertaken by both internal and external suppliers.
- Has held HazID and risk analysis meetings and has populated and managed hazard logs using recognised tools. Has endorsed tolerability declarations as part of a Project Safety Committee.
- Has independently reviewed safety documents and performed safety management audits on projects.
- Has created acceptable Safety Assessment Reports for complex systems.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work processes.
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK on 0161 694 9203 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything