A Network Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Cumbria.
Overview of the Network contract role
- Responsible for the design and delivery of data networks to submarine platforms.
- Determining requirements and design standards.
- Writing of technical reports and technical specifications.
- Producing outline functional system diagrams.
- Prepare design calculations to demonstrate designs meet performance requirement i.e. network loading
- Undertake technical development studies to verify compliance with design requirements.
- Undertake design reviews and presentations to customers.
- Working across project groups to ensure designs meet the required operability, safety, security and supportability requirements.
- Work with supply chain and equipment suppliers.
- Attendance at equipment Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Support to dockside installation and commissioning teams when required.
- Analysis of FAT and commissioning results when required.
Key skills required for the Network Engineer
- BEng, BSc or equivalent.
- Data networking qualification such as CCNA or equivalent.
- CEng or CITP (or be able to work towards satisfying requirements for Chartership)
- Experience in an enterprise, public sector, or defence IT environment
- Technical report writing skills.
Knowledge and experience in defence standards whilst not essential would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of at least one of the following disciplines: Design and deployment of complex network solutions, Voice architectures, Wireless solutions and RF propagation within closed spaces, Fibre Optical cabling network design
The role is based in Barrow in Furness, Cumbria - commutable from Carnforth, Milnthorpe, Lancaster, Morecambe, Penrith, Workington, Whitehaven and The Lake District
If you are a Network Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Network opportunities please contact Kris Foston on email@example.com or phone 0161 694 9194
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything