A Network Engineer is required to work on a twelve-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our Defence client based in Christchurch.
This is a 12-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of Network Engineer
As a Networks Engineer you will work closely with our Technical Managers and Integration Engineers to translate customer requirements into compelling designs, bids and solutions that can be delivered on time and on budget. While supporting multiple projects, the role may involve the production of technical artefacts and the implementation of core Physical and Virtualised networking components to operate on secure platforms or secure cloud environments. This may also involve implementing specialised solutions in Secure IP Core, Diverse Bearers such as SATCOM, 4G/5G/LTE, LAN and management services.
Key skills required for the Network Engineer
- Suitable networking experience or qualifications such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification, Cisco Professional or Expert track Cisco qualifications acceptable (e.g. CCDP, CCIE)
- Track record of Enterprise, Project or System Level Network Design Solutions
- Experience in building and configuring networked hardware and software solutions
- Installation and configuration of Layer 2 switched networks, Layer 3 routed networks and crypto
- Functional domain knowledge of routing protocols such as. MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, and RIP
- Configuration and support of VRF, L2TP, GRE, and VSS technologies.
- Experience of SDN, Virtual Private Networking including IP Security and the provisioning of Public Key Infrastructure Certification Authorities
- Experience of network management protocols such as SNMP, SSH, SysLog, ICMP
If you are a Network Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything