Network Engineer - Communications Programme
A Network Engineer is required to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Corsham. (Remote during Covid)
Overview of the Network Engineer contract role
- Provide technical support the creation of Tender Documentation including:
- Requirements documentation;
- Technical input to the Relevant contractual processes;
- Pre-Qualification and Tender Evaluation Criteria;
- Providing technical responses to Clarification Questions; and
- Tender Evaluation and Moderation.
- Support the creation of the Deployable Battlefield Network Architecture by creating or updating relevant aspects of the Solution Design Pack, as required by the Lead Architect ensuring compliance with all relevant documentation and standards.
- Provide ad-hoc technical guidance on Network Engineering and support the creation of the MOD engineering capability within
- Attend and produce input into the meeting slide packs; ad-hoc meetings, governance and assurance activities (at all levels) as required
Key skills required for the Network Engineer
- Must have a live Security Clearance
- Network Engineering - Cisco and Juniper
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant IT or STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Maths/ Science).
- Knowledge of the system engineering lifecycle and be able to apply good systems engineering and IT practices to your work Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
- Essential Technologies - Cisco routing and switching Cisco Nexus 9k/7k/5k, Cisco Meraki wireless, Network Security Cisco ASA - Cisco ISE - Network monitoring, Cisco Prime and SolarWinds
- Certification - Minimum of CCNA R&S ideally CCNP
- Networking certification to either Juniper JNCIE with either SP, Ent or DC specialisations or CCIE any specialisation
- Defence Communication Networks
- Knowledge of Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Switches, VM Ware, WAN, SD-WAN and wider emerging Network Technologies
The role is based in Corsham though working remotely during Covid.
If you are a Network Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Defence opportunities please contact Kris Foston on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We are one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years, we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything