Outsource UK are currently working with a Finance company who are seeking a Network Security Engineer for a position based in Buckinghamshire - This role is inside IR35.
This role will be working remote due to COVID restrictions and will require travel into the office 1-2 days per week in the future.
Responsibilities for the Network Security Engineer:
- Join an existing team providing support across the financial company's networks.
- The engineer will require sound knowledge of network security principles and skills in security system installation and support and general networking and troubleshooting.
- Responsible for the management and support of the security, network systems and applications ensuring 24/7/365 availability covering all levels of support (1st/2nd/3rd Line).
- Ensuring any issues are dealt with within the business recovery timeframes and frameworks.
- Responsible for the on-going maintenance/upgrade/documentation of all infrastructure components. Architectural design/implementation.
- Part of the Network Security BAU team reporting to the BAU team lead
- Shift Rota between the hours of 8:00 - 18:00 will be required to be part of the 24x7 on-call support rota Out of hours support, and scheduled out of hours project and implementation work.
Essential Skills Required:
- Extensive background in Firewalls in Checkpoint, Juniper, Proxy and Firewalls
- Desirable if you've used technologies including Netscreen/SRX Provider-1/NSM GAIA/SPLAT/IPSO
- Strong skills using Proxies including Bluecoat
- Understanding of TCP/IP, WAN, LAN, VPN, Routing (OSPF, BGP), HSRP, Spanning Tree, ACI.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to communicate effectively with peers, other teams and management.
- Have qualifications in CCSA CCSE (desirable)
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click 'Apply' and Outsource UK will be in touch.