Our client looking to recruit a seasoned Network Specialist with proven mastery of networks, who wishes to broaden their experience in a complex and sensitive intelligence environment requiring CUSM and TMS skills.
You will need to build strong relationships with the other senior engineering leads within the business, as well as with customer/user stakeholders and third parties on whom we depend to achieve end-to-end service delivery.
The normal place of work will be the centre of London, although some travel to other UK sites may be required. Home working arrangements will be possible where the nature of the work allows.
You will be a member of a specialised engineering team that is responsible for the ongoing systems engineering efforts across multiple active projects and managed services. The candidate should be comfortable working on multiple systems engineering lifecycle phases including architectural design, detailed system/subsystem design, implementation, testing and complex problem resolution as part of through life support.
The successful candidate must have a strong all round technical ability with an excellent working knowledge of network security technologies. Current ongoing projects will require a deep understanding of cyber security capabilities.
In addition, you will be required to engage directly in projects, work within secure facilities and network operations rooms and produce deliverable artefacts in the delivery of contracted projects and services.
These will include:
- Development of network solution designs to meet a complex mix of customer requirements;
- Contributing to architectural documentation as part of high and low level system designs
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring for other system engineers and technical architects;
- Preparation and participation in key technical review events during the systems development life-cycle;
- Technical stakeholder engagement with clients, peers, 3rd party delivery partners and vendors as required;
- Providing technical support to the Senior Management Team for all business development activities.
You will also be responsible for keeping technical awareness up-to-date with updates in industry including:
- Keeping up to date with evolving networking technology to support technology/solution selection;
- Keeping up to date with available qualifications and certifications available for network technology utilised across all systems;
- Keeping up to date with relevant industry standards, policies, methodologies and frameworks;
- Keeping up to date with relevant customer preferred/mandated standards, policies, methodologies and frameworks.
And performing a lead role in governance and best practice including:
- Providing specialist network technical support to meetings such as Project Review Meetings, Capability Working Group Meetings and Security Working Groups as required;
- Performing a lead management role in Continual Service Improvement activities for processes, procedures and working practices utilised by the business unit.
- Substantial experience of performing a systems engineering role with a specialisation in networks engineering;
- Mastery of Networking services and components including:
- Local and Wide Area Networking
- Cisco networking to CCNP level
- Enterprise firewalls including Cisco ASA / Firepower, McAfee / Forcepoint and Juniper
- F5 LTM - reverse proxy and application publishing
- Experience of supporting complex and highly secure IT systems
- Experience working within secure environments and with higher classified systems;
- Experience of MOD working practices and associated standards and policies;
- Experience using VMWare Network Virtualisation: NSX-T
- Experience in supporting business capture, Systems Engineering Lifecycle and through life support of IT services.
The role requires the candidate to be a sole UK National with a current DV clearance due to the security requirements of the project.
Please feel free to get in touch with Jack Parratt if you are interested in this role - 0161 694 9210 / JParratt@outsource-uk.co.uk