Network & Infrastructure Project Manager - Outside IR35
Based in London (working from home until further notice) a Delivery focused Network & Infrastructure Project Manager is required to work to manage an end to end Network and Infrastructure project in over 35 countries of operations.
You will be responsible for managing the Global Network and Infrastructure project, and possibly other projects within the Infrastructure improvements and transformation portfolio if capacity allows, on a day-to-day basis in accordance with management best practice and project delivery methodology.
- Project planning (using Microsoft Project and Excel). Project plans must include all products, activities and delivery teams, end to end.
- Resource management, Matrix manage the project team(s), consisting of staff, contract and external supplier resources
- Progress monitoring and reporting progress against plan.
- Financial planning, monitoring and reporting forecast, actuals and exceptions.
- Risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies (RAID) management.
- Delivery of key project documentation for the project team and project sponsors. This includes creation of project governance artefacts, such as a Project Brief.
- Ensure the IT solution meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- Deliver the project(s) in accordance with standards, methods (Stage Gate/Waterfall/Agile or a combination as appropriate), and processes including Governance/PMO, Security, QA/Testing, Service Design and Service Transition.
- Reporting, and when appropriate, escalation to the IT Leadership Team, Programme manager, PMO, project sponsors and governance committees and development of options and contingency plans in a timely manner.
- Presentation of project status and key decisions required to the Project Steering Committee.
- Scope of services successfully transitioned to third party provider and knowledge transfer complete.
Skills and experience required:
- 8+ years' experience as a Delivery focused, hands-on project manager with a proven track record of delivering successful global Network & Infrastructure projects.
- Experienced at global large scale / multi-site complex technical infrastructure projects.
- Good Technical understanding on global scale of:
- WAN (MPLS/ SD-WAN)
- LAN (Core, Distribution, Access)
- Wireless Networks
- Cloud services
- Experienced in managing remote teams
- Competent in project change management
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Strong business and IT stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Strong IT Project Management skills and experience
- Management of external service providers
- Understanding of working with procurement and internal service teams.
- Budget and financial management experience, must have managed budgets up to £5M
- Agile and Waterfall delivery methods and principles.
- Strong Stage gate governance methods and principles.
If you would like to be considered for this role please click apply and Outsource UK will be in touch.