New Product Development Engineer (Mechanical)
A New Product Development Engineer with Mechanical experience is required to work on a twelve contract, with the possibility of extension for our Manufacturing client based in Clevedon.
Overview of New Product Development Engineer (Mechanical) role
Working under the direction of the Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of design solutions within a multi-discipline engineering team, supporting product development.
- To design and develop modules/sub-assemblies of new products in accordance with Edwards' Product Commercialisation Process (PCP)
- To verify that the designs meet the requirements and conform to the relevant design standards by calculation and/or testing as appropriate
- Accountable for the design and development of sub-assemblies of a product ensuring the specified quality and cost are achieved to the agreed task time scale
- Accountable for the detailed documentation of the design (models, drawings, design data, BOM, test data) ensuring all relevant information is recorded in a timely manner in accordance with TCF requirements
Key skills required for the New Product Development Engineer (Mechanical)
- A good mechanically biased engineering degree (or other relevant engineering qualification with 2 years industry experience)
- Experience in product development and introductions is an advantage
- Knowledge of design for manufacture and design for assembly
- Experience in the use of a range of engineering materials and with several manufacturing methods/techniques
- 3D and 2D CAD skills (CATIA, Visio, AutoCAD and/or other drafting tools)
- An understanding of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and system schematics
If you are a New Product Development Engineer with Mechanical experience looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 694 9196
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything